- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil+ 2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp soy sauce + 2 tbsp
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar or liquid sweetener
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper
- approx 2 cups broccoli, chopped
In a small saucepan, whisk together hoisin sauce, 1 tbsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, vegetable broth, garlic, ginger and corn starch over medium heat. Allow to simmer until mixture thickens, about 5-7 minutes, then remove from heat and set aside.
In a large wok or skillet, stir-fry seitan in 2 tbsp sesame oil and 2 tbsp soy sauce until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add onions, pepper and broccoli and stir-fry another 2-3 minutes.
Add sauce mixture to the stir-fry and combine well, allowing to cook another 2-3 minutes, until broccoli is done cooking.
Serve your Chinese vegetable stir-fry over cooked rice or noodles, if desired.